What is it?
The Compassion Experience is a landmark presentation visiting churches, schools, and other venues across the country. The experience immerses guests in the reality of daily life in poverty that millions of children face around the world. It brings visitors into cultures completely outside of their own. Most importantly, the Experience presents the blessing of hope as children are sponsored through Compassion’s world-class child development program.
The Compassion Experience is housed in one Compassion-branded gooseneck trailer. When deployed in a parking lot, the structure allows guests to take an immersive tour through replicas of the homes, environments, and stories of two children who have been a part of Compassion’s program. Each guest is equipped with an iPod Touch and headphones to guide them through the Experience. At the end of the tour, guests enter a World Impact Room where they can view photos and information about children of all ages who are waiting for sponsors. As God leads, guests have the opportunity to sponsor one (or more!) of these precious children on the spot.
Hours of Operation (8 continuous hrs/day)
- Friday – 11:00am-7:00pm
- Saturday – 11:00am-7:00pm
- Sunday – 10:30 to 6:30
- Monday – 11:00am-7:00pm
Reservations & Walk-ins
- We use an online reservation system.
- Walk-ins are always welcome but may have to wait longer in line. Typically wait times do not exceed 10-15 minutes, but weekend rushes can occur.
Want to Volunteer?
Setup and Teardown Volunteers
- All phases of setup and teardown will be overseen by our tour staff but will require the help of volunteers recruited by the host site.
- Volunteers for setup and volunteers for tear down should be able-bodied and have the ability to lift 50 lbs or more. Any volunteers under the age of 18 will need a parent to sign a release waiver. Volunteers need to be willing and able to work a 4-hour shift.
Event Volunteers Per Shift
- 40 Volunteers for hours of operation
- Friday - 10 Volunteers - 2 shifts of 5 Volunteers (14 and older)
- Saturday - 10 Volunteers - 2 shifts of 5 Volunteers (14 and older)
- Sunday - 10 Volunteers - 2 shifts of 5 Volunteers (14 and older)
- Monday - 10 Volunteers - 2 shifts of 5 Volunteers (14 and older)
- We ask that volunteers arrive promptly at their scheduled time. The first 30 minutes will be reserved for training and orientation.
- An event t-shirt will be provided for all volunteers, as well as snacks and water.
Sign up to volunteer!
Want to help set up or tear down?
- Thursday - 10 Volunteers (16 and older) | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Monday - 10 Volunteers (16 and older) | 7:30pm-9:30pm