Family Movie Night
November 20, 2021
4:00pm – 7:30pm
Join us for a fun time of connecting and fellowship! We will have lawn games, hamburgers & hotdogs, the movie "The Secret Life of Pets", and our second Chili Cook-off. Mud + McQueen Coffee bar will be there selling specialty coffee drinks and pastries!
To volunteer, click here.
RULES FOR COOK-OFF
- Chili is defined as any kind of meat or combinations of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spies and may contain beans.
- All ingredients must be cooked and prepared prior to the event. Chili is to be brought “ready-to-eat”.
- Contestants must cook a minimum of four quarts for competition chili. One quart will be submitted for the official judging and the rest will be for public consumption and “People’s Choice” award.
- It is the Contestant’s responsibility to provide any complimentary accents (sour cream, crackers, cheese, etc.) that they would like served with their entry.
- Contestants must provide a list of all ingredients. This requirement is with respect to food allergies.
- Each contestant will be assigned a “Contestants Number” and a container in which their chili will be collected at the time of the official judging. Each contestant should verify that the number on their respective container is their assigned Contestant Number.
**Electrical outlets will be made available for Contestant’s that have crock-pots or warming plates. Please specify what you will be utilizing with your registration information.
6 CHARACTERISTICS THAT CHILI WILL BE JUDGED BY:
- TEXTURE: The texture of the meat shall not be tough or mushy.
- FLAVOR: Entry should have a good flavor and chili pepper taste.
- CONSISTENCY: Entry should be a combination of meat and “sauce”.
- SPICE & TASTE: Blending of the spices and overall taste.
- AROMA: This will be a personal preference of the judges.
- COLOR: The submitted chili should look appetizing.
- The Chili Cook-off judges will sample and score all entries.
- Each entry will be judged based on the 6 Characteristics listed above and scored 1 to 5 (5 being the highest).
- Each entry will be judged on its own merit.
- The scores from the judges will determine the winners.
Saturday, November 20, 2021
4:00 PM – Participants allowed on site to set-up and to receive their Contestant Number.
4:30 PM – Judging Begins – Entries will be submitted between 4:30-5:00pm.
5:00 PM – Tasting by general public and voting for “People’s Choice” award
5:30 PM – Winners announced before movie
First Place: $50 gift card
Second Place: $25 gift card
People’s Choice Award: Exclusive Bragging Rights